Current Recommendations, Vol 2

1) Sassy Sloths App:
These texting stickers are the best. Somebody with an iPhone (they are for iMessaging only) please give me permission to send these to you at random. I need a good excuse to drop the 99 cents:


2) The Dictionary of Obscure Sorrows:

Artsy linguistics x embodying all of the feels? Yes, please!

For example:


3) Raising Hope- a tv show on Netflix. It leans towards a darker humor at times, but it has kept my spirits up the past several weeks while watching it. It really is a feel good show about loving the crazy people that you spend every day with. I absolutely adore it.

4) I came across this on Pinterest and I think any other music appreciator would also lolz


5) Speaking of music!... I have been in quite the rut lately. I decided to go back to my roots...The Sleeping At Last Pandora station. I love Sleeping At Last because it's chill music with great lyrics. The awesome thing about the Pandora station is that since Sleeping At Last has lyrics that intertwines his Christian faith, the station is half really good worship songs and half indie chill.

6) Song on Repeat: I Feel It Coming by Starboy. Only listen to it if you are ready to be transported to 90's-Michael Jackson voice-romancin'-techno music. Call me Delilah!


7) Something I am trying REALLY hard to grasp :) 
 I'm a jaded, cynical mess sometimes and its a constant battle to ward off bitterness and anger. 



8) I had the urge to go to the movies tonight and so I got online to see what was playing and came across a one night showing of the documentary, Is Genesis History? I had dreams of sneaking Tasty Made burgers and fries into my oversized backpack (the only time my husband chooses to not tease me about the fact that I carry around a book bag) while learning the vastness of God's creation through the eyes of current creation scientists. And while it almost didn't happen (Ryan got off work late) I'm glad we still decided to go! It was fascinating and I hope it comes out on DVD or Netflix to watch again. The website talks about an ebook- I may download it- SO GOOD!

7 comments:

  1. Those sloths are amazing.

    I've seen that same Anatomy of Songs meme thing floating around here and there, I love it, and it's so true!

    Is Genesis History? looks AMAZING. We only have one really small movie theater in our town so I doubt we'll get it here, I hope they put it on video ASAP! Have you ever heard of Kent Hovind? He has a creation video series that is excellent, it's a little bit older (2000s) but definitely worth the watch if you ever come across the DVDs. They have them on Amazon and I'm pulling the trigger on them soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope they put it on DVD too! It was so good! I have never heard of those DVD's you are talking about. I wonder if that's the guy that does the creation museum? If you ever come to Ohio (we have hike-able caves my area cough cough), you, Michelle, and me should go to the creation museum, it is only a couple of hours away.

      Delete
    2. Dude, that would be SO FUN. If I ever get out of Alaska, I'm road tripping.

      Delete
  2. Ah, so jealous you got to see "Is Genesis History?"! We really wanted to go but we were snowed in after it took my husband FOUR HOURS to get home because of the ice on the roads. I hope it makes Netflix!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, Callie! I saw on the website that they are doing an encore showing next Thurs (Mar 2nd). You may want to check and see if your theater is playing it again!

      Delete
  3. I LOVE EVERYTHING. I adore those sloths! Also, MAJOR lols over the song anatomy. It's too perfect. I forgot about the dictionary of obscure sorrows, but it always understands me on a spiritual level.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I wish I would have thought of The Dictionary of Obscure Sorrows, myself! *sigh*

      Delete