Custom Pages

Saturday, July 8, 2017

Advice, Volume 2

Saturday, July 8, 2017
A little over a year ago, I did a post entitled "Give Yourself Permission" and I thought a year has passed so I should sum up important things that I have learned as of late:

1) You don't have to please people. You only have to love them. Those are not always interchangable. Some people may try to manipulate into thinking that they are- but indeed, they are not. 

2)There's probably a reason a relationship from your past crumbled, so don't fall into the trap of "it was all my fault" or obsess over "what went wrong?"

3) Wonder Woman is a state of mind (okay, I got this from a meme but I LOVE it!)

4) Makeup + neat hair= optional in the summer time

5) Swimming is worth infinitely more than hiding your body and trying to keep your makeup/hair in tact

6) You workout because your musculoskeletal system begs you for it, not in attempt to look like Barbie.-Ironically, you can stick to your plan better.

7) Don't be afraid to dream and work relentlessly/sacrifice to make it happen.

8) Watch all of the BBC period dramas.

9) Spend at least 15 minutes a day intentionally connecting with your spouse/loved ones, without being connected to your phone, Netflix, etc.

10) You aren't going to have your dream home in your 20's, and quite possibly your 30's. Focus instead on creating a safe haven and cherishing the people you share it with.

11) Really research your style, understand your body type and invest in the smallest wardrobe accordingly.

12) And finally, a Venn diagram (because I am 8 again (▰˘◡˘▰) ) of what is really worth pursuing in life:


2 comments :

  1. I want to print this post out and hang it on my bulletin board!!

    ReplyDelete