Awake My Soul

I can't believe I am actually starting a blog out of the urge to write again. I thought that my love of writing died back in high school. When each paper was a soul crushing struggle to explain the author's choice of syntax. Or trying to come up with an essay on a book filled with topics that my naive mind had no ability to comprehend. And yet, here I am.

For the last several months I have been feeling a tug to start a blog where I can journal life and my faith. I have another blog, Sew Illuminated, documenting all of my finished crafty (mainly sewing) projects. But it just didn't seem like enough. I'm not sure yet if that blog will be absorbed into this one. But I know now that I need a place that allows me to be encompassing of all of the things that matter to me. I have been so close to starting this blog so many times, but in each moment I felt discouraged. I think each time I was wondering if this was something that really mattered to me or if I was just going on a whim. But then thoughts turned into sentences, that were then written into lonely documents that are now hanging out on my Google drive account. And I would read various books or posts that really spoke to me and I wondered if my quirky, but faith-filled heart could in some way connect with the world wide community of bloggers.

After spending some of this past weekend going through song lyrics of my favorite bands and quotes by my favorite authors, and coming up short several times, I finally came up with the name of my blog. Faith and Felicity. I can't remember what lead me to google the definition of the word, but felicity means joy. The name of my blog, Faith and Felicity, is a reminder to me to find all of my joy through my faith in God. My level of joy never seems the steady state that it should be. Keeping my eyes on things of the above, rather than around me is always a struggle, but it is a discipline Christians should be practicing more. I also felt that Faith and Felicity fit well with who am I because it had a slight echo of one of my favorite authors, Jane Austen (who penned Pride and Prejudice, Sense and Sensibility, among others).

Anyways, I am excited to finally take that leap into this. Even if no one ever visits/reads this I am glad to be writing again :)

This is the face of excitement. 

4 comments:

  1. Oh, I am so glad you started writing again. I so miss those days of reading all of your goodies for your AP English classes. And, Felicity is a very good name as that is what you have filled my life and heart with--keep blogging!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete